Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Still more from across the pond

Old reliable -- seems like an accurate description of this photo. No matter how bad the bar, they almost always have Guinness on tap as the stout selection. My intent with this blog was to track the ales and lagers that I have tried and to provide my feedback on the each one. What is happening, however, is that I look at the labels and I am reminded of some crazy story from my youth - distant or not so distant. I will try to refrain from war stories and stick to the evaluation of the beer. I remember having Hobgoblin at a pub down the street from Harrod's in London. Maybe it was the fish-n-chips. Or maybe it was the hour of the day -- noon. Or, maybe it is the fact that I was having lunch with my mother. Who knows and who cares? I have a fond recollection of having Hobgoblin on tap.

1 comment:

  1. It's pretty amazing that even bad bars have Guinness on tap. Mmm. Guinness.

    ReplyDelete