Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Love the label

I finished taking photos of all the labels currently in my collection.
My first impression - wow, I have a lot of labels. Second impression -
wow, there are a lot of labels missing. And a lot of ales and lagers
that I have tried on tap that are not included. When the
microbreweries move to cans, I'm going to need a new hobby. But, for
now, I'll continue with this one.

I toured the Flying Dog brewery in Denver a few years ago, before they
moved all their brewing to Maryland. It was the most enjoyable tour I
have taken, perhaps because I took this tour immediately following the
sterile tour of Coor's brewing. And the people were great. Enough
about that.

I have always liked the Flying Dog labels and this one may be my
favorite. Again, I'm not usually an IPA fan, but I had to give this a
try. The name is apt for me right now. This is a fairly strong Belgian-
style IPA. I find it very hoppy, so much so that it almost stings my
tongue. In a good way. I like it. And I love the label. But, at over
8%, I better do more blogging than drinking or else I will not finish
tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment