Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Ah, Colorado

I visited Colorado a few years ago and was surprised by all the great breweries in the state. We started at Wynkoop Brewery in downtown Denver. I had a sampler and, surprisingly, liked the chipotle ale the best. From there, I went to Coors. It was large. I actually liked the sample that I tried during the tour - the freshest Coors I will ever have. Not bad. Then I went to Flying Dog. Awesome. I did not get to either of these breweries, but I hope to go back some day. I hiked around Red Rocks and saw a pile of Ska Brewing caps on the ground. Such a high density of caps must mean that at least someone likes the beer. I like the blonde and the red ale, but I cannot remember trying the true blonde dubbel. The label is fun, though. I like the Sweaty Betty, and even like using it in my beer bread recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment