Monday, March 8, 2010

Mostly Michigan Sampler

This is the second sampler at Hop Cat and four of the five are from Michigan: Acadia's Coco Loco (nice coffee taste), Kuhnhenn's Olde Bruine Sour Cherry (sour ale), Kuhnhenn's Winter Wonder (Eisbock), Round Barn's Mutha Pucker (sour brown), and Brooklyn's Cookie Jar Porter (sweet porter). I enjoyed all of these, although I am not sure that I could do more than a pint of any of them in one sitting. I am not a coffee drinker, but I really enjoyed the Coco Loco and I hope to pick some up when I hit Acadia on the way home. I also liked the contrast between the red sour ale and the brown sour. I think this is my first brown sour ale, but will not be my last. Finally, the Cookie Jar Porter was a smooth porter with a sweet finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment