Thursday, March 4, 2010

Good beer in upstate New York

I toured Ommegang in the fall of 2009. The brewery is constructed like a traditional Belgian brewery and it is beautiful from the outside. I first tried their beer right after they opened and was not impressed. Since then, however, they have gotten it right. The Hennepin is one of my top 5 and I enjoy the Rare Vos as a nice Belgian-style amber. They had an ale they brewed for Obama, something like Obamagang, but I missed it. The first time I tried the Ommegeddon, I was overwhelmed, but I gradually warmed to it. The tour was fun and, overall, I enjoy the beer. If you go, make sure you also go to Cooperstown Brewing, it is only about 15 minutes away. Oh, yeah, and the baseball hall of fame in "downtown" Cooperstown.

No comments:

Post a Comment