Thursday, March 4, 2010

More good beer and fun labels

I toured the old brewery in Denver and loved it. I have tried a number of the Flying Dog ales and, generally, liked them. I started with the In Heat Wheat (label inexplicably MIA), which I think was one of the first wheats that I tried. I generally like the In Heat Wheat, but it led me to the Woody Creek White, which quickly became one of my favorite Belgian witbiers. The Wild Dog was very interesting. I don't know if they still do this, but the Collaborator Doppelbock was an "open source" project -- a number of home-brewers made suggestions and the result was the Wild Dog. If you wanted to brew this beer at home, the recipe was available to the public. I thought it was a great idea and a good beer. And, like the recently-released Belgian-style IPA, the labels are entertaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment