Sunday, February 28, 2010

Grand Rapids, Munster and Denver


I have toured the Three Floyd's brewery and enjoyed their tap room. I bought 2 bottles of Popskull, a collaboration with DogfishHead, that was only available at the brewery. I really enjoyed the paolo santo aged Popskull. Gumballhead is an enjoyable wheat beer and a fun label. Robert the Bruce should be respected; he kicked my butt once and I learned to respect him. I like tequila, so, naturally, I enjoy the Agave Wheat. I also really enjoyed the Oatmeal Stout and Vanilla Porter. I tried these after a trip to Denver on which I tried the chipotle ale from the Wynkoop Brewery. I'm not a fan of chipotle, but I really enjoyed that ale. So much so, that I tried the Rogue Chipotle Ale, which I also enjoyed, but which has a painted label.

I am off next week to visit New Holland Brewing. I like the Kolsch and pumpkin ale, but the Dragon's Milk knocked me out. I don't do well with high octane stouts.

1 comment:

  1. With the Founders and New Holland visits, does it mean there might be another beer tasting in the horizon? -rs

    ReplyDelete