Sunday, February 28, 2010

Down Under - part 2

I did not know this until I went to Australia, but there are more slot
machines than inhabitants. That's true. There might also be more
breweries. That part is speculation. I tried not to have the same beer
twice during the trip. My favorite label - the Blue Tongue Ginger
beer. It was not, however, my favorite beer. The most important thing
I learned is that Fosters is not Australian for beer, despite what the
ad says. The Beez Neez was good, but a little sweet to have more than
one. The Ironbar was a fun brew pub in Port Douglas. The night's
entertainment was a man who conducted a series of cane toad races -
where the frogs wore little colored tutus. It was a good time. And
the beer was pretty good, too.

1 comment:

  1. The ginger beer was gross. And the cane toads were hysterical! I think my favorite on this page has to be Coopers or maybe James Boag. Also, I think there are some New Zealand labels thrown in there.

    ReplyDelete