Thursday, February 16, 2012

Yards - Ales of the Revolution Sampler

Left to right - Love Stout (not a revolutionary ale), Spruce Ale, Thomas Jefferson Ale and Washington Porter. The Love Stout is a nitro pour. It's smooth and creamy. I absolutely loved it. Unfortunately, they don't bottle it. The spruce ale is made from a recipe that Ben Franklin created and uses spruce and some other ingredient because hops were not available. I remember having this before and thinking I just drank my Christmas tree. I liked it better this time. And, a woman at the bar said she cooks with it. That makes sense because it tastes a little like rosemary. The TJ is one of my all-time favorites. It's a smooth tavern ale that has a bit of sweetness to it. It's brewed from a recipe that Jefferson used to make beer with ingredients he grew at Monticello. Finally, the porter is made with a recipe that Washington used. It's good, but next to the stout, it doesn't stand a chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment