Monday, February 13, 2012

Old Slugger

From the Cooperstown Brewing Company web site: "Old Slugger" is a hearty Pale Ale, copper in color, crisp malty fullness on the front of the palate and lingering hop bitterness on the back with a dry finish.  It is brewed with four barley malts, including two-row English pale and crystal malts, balanced with Mt. Hood, Cascade and Fuggle hops, and fermented in open vessels by Ringwood Yeast, a true top-fermenting ale yeast. "Old Slugger" is the flagship beer of the Cooperstown Brewing Company and was first brewed in July 1995 and bottled in November 1995.

We stumbled onto this tiny brewery after a trip to the baseball hall of fame and Ommegang brewery. We took an informal tour of their small brewery and had a great time. In fact, I'm pretty sure I already blogged about this beer. But I enjoyed it so I thought I'd try it again.  I taste a strong spice in the beer, but can't identify it. I thought maybe it was coriander, but I'm not sure. Perhaps it's just the blend of hops. If you can fill me in, please do!

Finally, I love the caps - baseballs. Perfect. 

No comments:

Post a Comment