Thursday, April 29, 2010

The best school, ever

For my birthday, we went to Beerscool at The Motel Bar. I previously
went to Beerscool for the class / dinner on IPAs. I had such a good
time, that I had to go back when class was on my birthday. The beer
style for the class was lagers. I was not super excited about lagers
because I thought it would not be as good as the IPA class, but I was
wrong. We tried five lagers: Heineken in a keg can, Sam Adams,
Brooklyn Lager, Shiner Bock and Coney Island American Lager. All were
good. And the keg can makes a difference; it's so much better than the
green bottle.

After tasting the lagers, we then had some amazing food. First, smoked
salmon wrapped around cream cheese. Then we had BBQ ribs and fries. It
was all awesome.

We are going back for the next class: pilsners. And we are trying to
arrange our schedules for the Motel Bar's roller derby bus trip. If
you have a chance, check it out. It even has a pool. Table that is.
And a photo booth.

No comments:

Post a Comment