Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Dinner

This is a sampler from Jerry's:
L to r: stone ruination tenth anniversary; dark horse double crooked tree; great lakes the wright pils; solemn oath oubliette. Yum.

Let's take them from lightest to darkest. The Solemn Oath is a new suburban Chicago brewery. This is their Belgian Ale. It's ok. Nothing to write home about.

The Great Lakes Wright Pils. It was an interesting pilsner -- with a much more flavorful taste than a straight up German Pilsner. When I pick a pilsner, I want a crisp German pilsner, this tasted like an American craft beer. Not the same.

Second from the left is the Dark Horse Double Crooked Tree. I like this. It's a little like a Bell's Hop Slam, but a little less hoppy. For me, this is a little less of a sweet nectar taste. I liked this, but not as much as I liked the cask Crooked Tree at the brewery.

Finally, the Stone Tenth Anniversary. Smooth. Nice hops, but good balance, for a hoppy beer. If you want to drink California, try this.

No comments:

Post a Comment