Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Brett yeast

I get it now. Brett yeast has a very distinctive taste. In general, I like the Boulevard Smokestack series, especially the Tank 7, so I tried the Brett Saison. I am partial to farmhouses. Not the generic Saison DuPont farmhouses. But complex and interesting saisons. This is interesting, and slightly over done, in my opinion, with the Brett yeast. My first sip took me back to the Ommegang Ommegeddon, which also has a heavy dose of Brett yeast. The Boulevard was a little more mild, a little more accessible to those of us who are not total beer snobs. I liked this. I'm glad I had it. I'll reach for some tank 7 on a regular basis, but I'll save the Saison Brett for a special occasion.

1 comment:

  1. They should make a George Brett beer with Brett yeast.

    ReplyDelete