Friday, August 31, 2012

Stout!

On a recent trip to Cincinnati, a friend recommended that we stop at Mt. Carmel brewery. This is a relatively recent brewery and it's still pretty small. Perfect time to visit. They just opened a small tasting room which is very comfortable. They have a number of taps (photos to follow) and offer some regular selections as well as seasonal and rotating taps. I bought a 12-pack of assorted beer and I've been pleased with all but one (post to follow). This, the stout, is my favorite. I saved this one in my fridge for as long as possible--about three weeks. It has a nice coffee nose and a hint of chocolate on the taste. It's not overdone but pretty darn near perfect, as far as I'm concerned. It you are ever in Ohio, look 'em up. And the staff was very friendly and helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment