Friday, April 13, 2012

Allagash Tripel

When I first defected from macrobrews, I tried stouts and tripels. I stuck with tripels. For about six months. Then I tried a quad, a Trappist Rochfort 10. I was hooked. Suddenly, the tripel seemed too sweet. So I left the tripel behind for quads, saisons, lambics, porters, pale ales, wheats, whites, pilsners, kolsches, IPAs and imperials of many varieties. It was with some trepidation that I tried this tripel. But I've had good luck with Allagash and recommended the white to some friends new to the craft (read: real) beer scene, so I thought I'd give it a try. I was pleasantly rewarded. This is a smooth tripel with not too sweet a finish. I could definitely have more than one a night, which is not something I usually say about a triple.

1 comment:

  1. I love this description, but I'm not a huge fan of tripels. I like Allagash though. I'll have to try this one!

    ReplyDelete