Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Back in the game

Part of the reason I started this blog was to track what I was drinking so that I could remember what I loved, liked and loathed. In the last few months, I've gotten away from blogging the ales and lagers that I have tasted. Recently, I looked back at the blog to see what I said about a certain beer, only to discover that I had not entered it on the blog. If the title of this post mislead you to believe that I had not continued sampling craft beer throughout the country, I apologize. I am going to try to blog new ales and lagers while they are still fresh in my mind.

Tonight, I had my second Green Flash West Coast IPA. It pours with a moderate head which left a fair amount of lacing. The color is a rich, slightly cloudy, copper. The nose is a strong citrus (orange?) with a slight bitter burn. I didn't think it tasted as bitter as it smelled because I got a malty taste in the middle.

I have seen this on a few "top 10" IPA lists, but I'm not sure I'd go that far. I think it is a good example of a west coast IPA, however.

No comments:

Post a Comment