Wednesday, July 21, 2010

A story for every beer

Lately, I've been taking some criticism about the content of my commentary on the beer blog. So, for this beer, I'll tell you a story because, let's face it, can I really give you tasting notes on this? If you want a cream ale, try Anderson Valley's Summer Solstice Cream Ale. If I have not blogged about it, here you go. It's awesome - complex, smooth, not too malty, not too hoppy, just right. And a fun can that looks like rootbeer.

But, I digress. Back to the Genny. This is one of the first beers I ever drank. I think I was about 7 or 8. Then, for my 10th birthday, I had a little party at my house. We were going to drive the tractor (stop laughing) with the wagon full of picnic supplies out into the forest for a picnic. We had a great idea - let's take a six pack of my dad's Genny and hide it in the wagon for the party. I executed the first part, but then my friends also put all the food and non-alcoholic beverages under the blanket, thereby raising all parental suspicions. Needless to say, my mother pulled back the blanket and there was beer! Oops. That explains a lot, doesn't it. Genny cream ale is not worth the trouble I got into! Nor was it worth the $4 I spent on it last Saturday.

1 comment:

  1. I love this story AND I've never heard it before! You were 7 or 8 and took beer? Really? Older sibling are TROUBLE! This Genny Cream Ale sucked but the Anderson Valley is delicious. And now I want to go on a hay ride.

    ReplyDelete